Welcome to the Flight for the Human Spirit

Welcome!

Thank-you for joining the community of the Flight for the Human Spirit.

As the take-off date for this flight approaches, so I want the date for your dreams to begin approaching for you as well.  This is what The Flight for the Human Spirit is all about...YOUR DREAMS!!!

This is a place where we will combine our collective efforts to see what can be done to help you accomplish your dreams.  The first step is for you to put it out there.  I have found many years ago that once I announced what it was that I wanted, then the world around me began to cooperate to help me to get there.  So...tell us here what it is that you want.

Then, when you log in, read the posts, and see if there is something that you can do to help someone else accomplish their dreams.  It may be that you know someone that can help...well...put them in touch!  Let's make this happen for as many as we possibly can. 

Is it your dream to have more money?  Then what do you have to offer?  A talent?  A skill?  What is your gift that you really want to use?

Do you like to talk to others?  Can you speak well?  Are you an artist? A poet? A woodworker?  A mechanic?  A farmer?  A gardener?  What would you do if you had the chance?

Our membership is going to grow, and we will have many, many others looking in...so now is your time to shine!

I'll be keeping you posted on this project as we move along as well.  In fact, here is the latest youtube video link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsgV-v3IAxI

Once again...welcome!  This is the journey of your life!

Replies to this Topic

I'm Daniel, Mike's youngest son.  My dream is to be a musician.  I want to eat, breathe, smell, taste, touch, and live music.  I want it to be my life. 

By definition, music is just a collaboration of sounds that are organized in such a way as to please and entertain its listeners.  It is that, yes, but it is so much more!  To me, music is a miracle, a way of life, a disciple, a challenge, a love, a lover, a friend, a stress-reliever, a medicine, and so much more.  It's a tool that we as humans use to connect ourselves with other humans on a level that transcends just mere dialogue between one another.  Very few things on this earth can bring so many people together in one place.  It is through the music they hear that people feel connected to one another and to themselves.  And that is something that should never be taken for granted. 

My passion for music has grown very deep over the past few years and I am so thankful that it has.  I feel like I'm meant to accomplish wonderful things through my music and I am ectastic that I get to pursue the thing I love most on this world.   

I am a senior in high school and am about to graduate and go to college.  I'm going to attend the University of North Texas and I will study jazz music.  UNT was the first school in the country to have a jazz program and it has grown to become one of the best schools, if not the best, in the country to study jazz.  I am a musician of a total of 5 instruments but my principle instrument is the bass.  I am absolutely in love with it.  I am love with what seems like an inanimate object.  I have a deep connection to the bass and I wish to make it my life.  However, as you probably know, college is expensive.  I am avidly applying for scholarships and am currently seeking federal aid.  The thing I could use help with the most is getting the funds I need to furhter my education and pursue my dream.

I am so thankful for all that I have and am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and such a bright future.  Dreams are what make the world go round.  My father has shown me that and his dream of flying and really living has inspired me to do the same, metaphorically.  Thanks Dad.

Daniel - that's a great post.  I know you're really working hard to find the scholarships.  Your passion really shows in this post.  Maybe you should use this for your applications.  But, I have a question for you.  How will your college degree in music help others?  In other words, how will your knowledge of music make a difference in the world?  I think when you can clearly answer that question, you've got something powerful -- hard to refuse.

Thanks for posting this. I'll scout for scholarships for you and see what I can find to help you.

One more thing -- be sure to add this to your Objectives on this site because it has a better way of tracking the goal and helping others to help you.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the great post.  I agree, you are blessed to have a great family.  There's a book by Anastasia Brown, Make Me a Star, you may like to read.  Besides being one of the most beautiful (inside and out) women in Nashville, she's also a great producer, manager, director and more.  Anastasia is responsible for bringing people like Keith Urban to startdom.  She was a judge for NASHVILLE STAR, the TV show, and produced the Billy Graham movie.  If I get a chance, I'll see if I can get a copy for you.  Listen to your Dad, he is blessed with an amazing talent and insight. 

Oh, I almost forgot, Anastasia is also the wife of Tony Brown, one of the most successful producers ever. 

Also, if you haven't already, got to http://FastWeb.com   That's a scholarship search site.  Takes a while to complete the initial info, but once you're in, you will be notified of scholarships in your profile.

Take care,

Durward

Edited Mon, Feb 9, 2009 10:36 AM

To Mike & his amazing Family,  knowing Mike & Michele has made me a better person in life!  There combined passion for life is truly a blessing to ALL of this in this world.  With the challenges we all face, we can look to Mike's insight to always see us through.  My thoughts, prayers and forever best wishes are with you Mike while you endeavour this most amazing journey.  To share with you all my dreams, they are so basic and simple.  Forever Love with my amazing husband Ed of 20 years, Happiness, family, health and good will to all.  - Michelle Sharpe - 

Gosh Michelle - thanks so much.  Now, where do we send the dollar?  Laughing

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

For the Human Spirit